Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Plaid Pink Wednesday & 52 Week Challenge: Plaid Nails

I apologize in advance for the sad, horrible state of my cuticles. Winter and acetone (and my horrible nervous habit of picking my cuticles) have taken their toll, and they look like crap! I only realized this after I uploaded the photos off my camera, sorry about that :/
I'm trying to catch up for the manis that I missed from the 52 Week Challenge, because I found out about it and came in late.
I actually did these this morning, and they were surprisingly more annoying than I thought they'd be.
The pink in these is surprisingly color accurate
I like how it turned out, but I don't love it.
My hands were shaky, so my lines aren't perfectly straight. My top coat smeared the design. If I do a plaid mani again, I'd use tape to make the bigger stripes.
I like my idea more than anything and from farther away it looks a lot better honestly.
See? hah


The worst cuticle of them all!
Here's a close up of the accent thumb. As soon as I thought of plaid I thought of pink, black and skulls! I'm really upset that this smeared though. I used the Mash m28 plate with the Konad Special Polish in White.

What I Used:
Base Color: Confetti-Lonesome Dove
Pink Stripes: China Glaze- Pink Voltage

4 comments:

  1. I love the skull! I wish I had the patience and steady hand that you so clearly have :-) Look forward to your upcoming posts!

    tao.owl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's really sweet. Especially since to me this is horribly unsteady and shaky. hah

      Delete
  2. OMg. I love this.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Im a now following you.

    ReplyDelete

I seriously ♥ comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts good or bad, so comment away!