Thursday, February 23, 2012

52 Week Challange: Corset Nails!

Ok, so I guess maybe you could consider this cheating, but I didn't actually do these on my nails.. I had an interview and couldn't really have crazy nails, and then Mardis Gras.. I did still do them on nail wheels, (and I did a bunch) so I think that counts.
Tada!+funky camera angle.. I'm really enjoying taking pictures of these wheels! ha
 Boy were these a major pain! I used nail brushes, striping brushes and dotting tools to do them.


 I looked up different corset nails, and decided to try a few different types. I defintely preferd the ones on the left. I used a combination of the 3 new Finger Paints flakie polishes on the three nails on the left, but I can't quite remember what combos I used.
I also used my new Wet n' Wild Megalast in On a Trip for the purple, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the new formulation. It seems to be more opaque, and the brushes are really improved. Also the bottles are much more adorable.
Isn't it perddy? :)

 The one on the left wound up being my favorite of the bunch!

11 comments:

  1. This is cute. Great creativity.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats really creative. You should sell them if you aren't already. =) They really are amazing.

    Thanks for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's really sweet! I never thought of selling nails before.. Thanks for hosting the blog hop, it's suck a great idea! :)

      Delete
  3. wow these are gorgeous, you are indeed very talented.

    Stumbled upon your blog through blog-hop - greatest way to connect to bloggers ever! Let's keep in contact. I am following, Please check out my blog and follow me too if you like it, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I have to agree the blog hop is a great idea! Your blog is adorable, love your photos.. I'm not a follower!

      Delete
  4. so many possibilities!! :D i want to do the 52week challenge too (eventho i can't seem to keep on track with the 30day challenge) >.< hehe.. wud it be okie if i used some of ur ideas here for the next time i want to do a corset mani?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I'm a major..ehhh procrastinator ha... Personally I found the idea of the 52 Week challenge a lot easier than the 30 day one. I usually do my nails at least once a week, but having to do them everyday, I'd never be able to keep up with that either! It really just helps me with ideas because I was having a major inspiration blockage before I started it.
      Of course you could use my designs! I'd consider it a compliment! ^-^

      Delete
  5. You painted these?!?! Corsets on? OMG that is talent, I can't even paint my right hand evenly let along design nails! SO glad to discover your blog through the blog hop and hope you'll stop by. Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's taken a lot of practice, my first designs were terrible. Also I'm still horrible at painting my right hand, that's why I use my left for my photos on here hah
      Of course, following you now!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much and thanks for following!! Of course I'll follow you back, I like the variety of posts on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I seriously ♥ comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts good or bad, so comment away!