Thursday, March 8, 2012

52 Week Challenge: Vintage Nails

This is waaay late!! Sorry about that guys... I was overly excited about this theme and over thought it. hah I do that.. Also last week was kinda crazy for me.
So, I guess I decided to do a "Neo-Vintage" design, because I always think of cherries when I think of vintage. I guess that's somewhat of a modern take on vintage though. I also of course left my half-moons bare in homage of the manis from the 20's/30's/etc. They got a little messed up because I did them last night and for some reason they weren't dry when I went to bed a good 6 hours after I did them. I really have to invest in some Seche Vite again real soon! Ok, done talking, enjoy! ^_^
Decided to have some fun in Lightroom ;)

For the accent nail I mixed some of my loose glitter (a mix of light green and light green holo) with topcoat and packed it on with a square nail art brush. To make all the half moons I used paper hole reinforces, and then touched up with a small nail art brush. 

 
BAM! Look at all that glitter!!!
What I Used:
Base: Finger Paints Don't Make a Scene
Cherries:Wet n' Wild Red Red
Finger Paints Go Van Gough (stems)
China Glaze White on White (highlight)

5 comments:

I seriously ♥ comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts good or bad, so comment away!